Managing Digital Collections
- JISC Digital Media
- ILRT, 8-10 Berkeley Square, Bristol, BS8 1HH
- Learning Objectives
- Planning your digital collection
- DAMS, MAMS, CMS or repository: what’s in a management system?
- Selection and preparation of content
- Defining your metadata: usefully describing your media
Google and you: making your collection searchable via the web
- Sustainability and digital preservation
- Training Fee
- £150 UK HE, £175 other public sector, other sectors price on application
- Target Audience1
- Contact E-Mail
- 18 Oct 2011 10:00am - 04:30pm
This one day course will offer a model of digital collection management, based upon open source solutions. Attendees will gain hands-on experience of planning, building, managing and delivering a digital media collection.