Planning Approaches to Digitisation
- British Library
British Library Centre for Conservation
96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB, UK
- Learning Objectives
- Give examples of the types of materials that are suitable for digitisation;
- Identify the issues to be considered when planning for digitisation;
- Define what is meant by digital preservation;
- Describe the risk to digital objects and how digital preservation can address these risks.
- Training Fee
- Fee (including refreshments and lunch) £100.00 + VAT = £120.00. Fee for RLUK members £75.00 + VAT = £90.00.
- Target Audience1
- Managerial , Practical
- Contact E-Mail
- 04 Nov 2011 10:15am - 04:30pm
Many organisations are digitising their collections as a way of providing wider access to books and documents in their collections. This day has been designed to give an overview of how to plan for and undertake digitisation of library and archive material. The day will also raise awareness of digital preservation issues.